94% would make again
Zesty Panko-Crusted Salmon And Asparagus
featured in Fin-tastic Food!
This meal is a healthy and delicious option for any night of the week. Tender salmon fillets are coated with a crispy panko crust and baked to perfection. Served with roasted asparagus, this dish is both satisfying and bursting with flavor.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package Tasty Zesty Spice Blend
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs (85 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus (455 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Calories 484
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the zesty seasoning and bread crumbs. In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- Coat the salmon fillets in the egg, then the bread crumb mixture. Lay the salmon on the prepared baking sheet.
- In another medium bowl, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the salt, and pepper. Lay asparagus beside the salmon. Drizzle everything with the remaining tablespoon olive oil, then season with more salt to taste.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, until the salmon and asparagus are slightly golden. Switch the oven to broil and toast for 1-2 minutes until the breadcrumbs are a dark golden brown.